Tradução & Definição
to fail: falhar, fracassar
Note the most common constructions of the verb "to fail": "to fail + object (I failed my math test)"; "to fail + to + infinitive verb (He failed to warn me about the hurricane)"; 'to fail + in/at + ING verb (I failed in negotiating the contract).
I failed my exams miserably. Fracassei miseravelmente nos meus exames
He failed to convince me. Ele não conseguiu me convencer
She failed in resolving the problem. Ela falhou em resolver o problema
a failure: um fracasso
Kalvin Krime's latest perfume is a major failure. O último perfume da Kalvin Krime é um verdadeiro fracasso
- "You failed my Star Wars quiz."
- "plots and conspiracies, failed assassination attempts, 10 most wanted cats in Sweden."
- "A recent survey carried out at Kingston University has shown that an alarming 56% of managers who conduct interviews fail to recognize what constitutes an improper interview question."
- "Failed ladies' man with a troubled childhood"
- "The column rounds up the week's winners and losers and contrasts their successes and failures."
- "Definition: a written or spoken expression of one's regret, remorse, or sorrow for having insulted, failed, injured, or wronged another."
- "I was a no-good cowboy with a failed department store and a ton of debt."
- "Brian : I demand recompense... Take a new companion... Fail in this mission, and my wrath will be swift and brutal... Aaah!"
- "Fail in this mission, and my wrath will be swift and brutal."
- "The Serious Fraud office has been called in, and, although they haven't officially announced their findings yet, the Sunday Roast has THE scoop: it appears that Leeson had been netting huge losses on unauthorised deals, and falsifying information to cover up his failures."
Ainda tem dificuldades com 'Fail' (vocabulário inglês e traduções)? Quer melhorar o seu inglês? Faça o teste de nosso curso de inglês online e receba uma avaliação de nível grátis!