Tradução & Definição
an injury: uma ferida, uma lesão
to injure: ferir, machucar, lesionar
I injured myself. Eu me machuquei
UK: 400 police officers were injured during the football match.
US: Oooh, that looks like a bad injury.
- "Bruno suffered a head injury, and he immediately fell into a coma."
- "Horatio sustained a serious head injury."
- "But tell me, how did Horatio injure himself?"
- "Definition: a written or spoken expression of one's regret, remorse, or sorrow for having insulted, failed, injured, or wronged another."
- "Oh, one of the hostages seems to be injured!"
- "Covers injuries that you cause to someone else."
- "A rare Siberian tiger named "Shoshana" escaped from her pen at the San Francisco zoo yesterday night and attacked a crowd of seven teenagers who had been insulting her, seriously injuring all seven of them. An eighth person, a six year old boy named Timothy Aldridge, was licked by the tiger, and later said the tiger's tongue felt "like sandpaper" and that her breath smelled like "muffins"."
- "I made two mistakes that day: not putting on my seatbelt (and suffering horrific nasal injuries as a result) and not renewing my auto insurance."
- "On the bright side, Icarus and I both escaped serious injury, although Icarus did break his clavicle in several places, and I did suffer a fractured pelvis."
Ainda tem dificuldades com 'Injury' (vocabulário inglês e traduções)? Quer melhorar o seu inglês? Faça o teste de nossas aulas de inglês online e receba uma avaliação de nível grátis!