Tradução & Definição
to operate (a machine): operar, fazer funcionar, acionar (uma máquina)
to operate (on somebody's heart): operar (o coração de alguém)
an operation (medicine, business): uma operação, uma intervenção (médica, de negócios)
UK: Do you know how to operate a photocopier?
US: The surgeon operated on her appendix.
- "The only disadvantage is that some workers need to use both of their hands to operate machinery."
- "A co-branding operation seems to be the obvious solution."
- "I'd really like to learn a new language or two, so I could operate more efficiently in, say, the Middle Eastern sector."
- "This looks like a rescue operation, Brent."
- "Operated By: MIRACLE AIRLINES"
- "You won't be able to remove your bandages for four to six hours after the operation."
- "Of course, with all this information, the scammers can perform just about any operation they like with the account, including taking all the money out of it."
- "As a result of the operation, Mr. Connors was physically unable to drive his own car, due to the many bandages covering his eyes, which is why Mr. Marron happened to be at the wheel."
- "I hope to tour your factory during operating hours, however I don't want to disturb the production process!"
Ainda tem dificuldades com 'Operate' (vocabulário inglês e traduções)? Quer melhorar o seu inglês? Faça o teste de nosso curso de inglês online e receba uma avaliação de nível grátis!