Tradução & Definição
to owe (sthg) (to sbdy): dever (alguma coisa) (a alguém)
O verbo "To owe" é sempre seguido por um objeto (ou uma quantia), sem uma preposição:
Susie owes Philip 50 euros. Susie deve 50 euros para Philip.
This company owes its success to Bruno Delavigne's talent. Esta empresa deve seu sucesso ao talento de Bruno Delavigne.
I owe her my life. Eu devo minha vida a ela.
You owe it to yourself to test drive a few cars before buying one. Você deve testar vários carros, antes de comprar um.
owing (to the crisis...): devido a, por causa de, em consequência de (a crise...)
How much is owed to you? Quanto que eles te devem?
Owing to their lack of customers, the store went out of business. Devido à falta de clientes, a loja fechou.
I owe you one!: Te devo uma!
UK: Susie owes Philip 50 euros.
US: This company owes its success to Bruno Delavigne's talent.
- "Thanks a million Icarus, I really owe you one."
- "Accounts Receivable are letters from people who owe us money – they might include checks, or requests to have payments deferred."
- "I remind you that the total balance owed by Cosmex Inc. to Delavigne Corporation amounts to one thousand, two hundred and thirteen dollars and eighty cents ($1213.80)."
- "This letter should detail all prior communication that you've had with the client, the outstanding invoices, and the total amount owed to your company."
- "Bruno, I owe all my success to you."
- "Taxi Driver : This is not at all my problem. You owe me thirty dollars for the ride, and shut the door on your way out."
- "I owe a lot of the success of my department stores to him and his perfumes."
- "Negative equity is when you owe your bank more than your house is worth."
- "As I've been reminding you almost every day recently, your client Cosmex Inc. owes us a lot of money, and you know what they say: Money makes the world go round!"
- "I remind you that your company, Soppy Soaps, owes The Delavigne Corporation a total of $178,921 for this order."
Ainda tem dificuldades com 'Owe' (vocabulário inglês e traduções)? Quer melhorar o seu inglês? Faça o teste de nosso curso de inglês online e receba uma avaliação de nível grátis!