Tradução & Definição
(he's) quite (handsome): (ele é) muito, bastante bonito
Observe que "quite" pode significar tanto "muito" quanto "um pouco", dependendo do contexto:
I am quite fond of her. Gosto muito dela.
She is quite smart. Ela é muito inteligente.
There are quite a few customers complaining. Há muitos clientes que reclamam.
Those figures don't seem quite right. Esses números não parecem totalmente corretos.
There are not quite as many guests as there were last time. Não há tantos convidados quanto da última vez.
(-What a beautiful day!) -Quite!: (-Que dia lindo!) -Muito!,
UK: These strawberries are quite tasty.
US: Yes, they are quite tasty. And not quite as expensive as the last batch.
- "For the first time in a long while, I feel uninspired and quite frankly, I'm tired."
- "Susie : Oh, that's quite interesting."
- "But again, it seemed like we weren't quite on the same wavelength."
- "Bruno : Yes, it is quite an honor, much more prestigious than Perfume Fest in Utah."
- "A fellow student said "Zack was careful not to throw the candy directly at people, but a caramel square did land quite near my foot"."
- "Brian : Um, well um… actually I do have quite a slight preference for…"
- "Park Ranger : Yes, quite."
- "The fog greatly obscured visibility and quite frankly, it's a miracle we arrived safely."
- "-Well, quite."
- "I believe he said that Delavigne was "quite content without our sales"."
Ainda tem dificuldades com 'Quite' (vocabulário inglês e traduções)? Quer melhorar o seu inglês? Faça o teste de nosso curso de inglês online e receba uma avaliação de nível grátis!