Tradução & Definição
rather: antes, mais, bastante, em vez de, de preferência
I would rather meet you on Sunday than Saturday. Prefiro me encontrar com você no domingo em vez de no sábado.
UK: I would rather see you on Sunday than Saturday.
US: I am feeling rather hungry. Can I have a cake?
- "Rather, food manufacturers will be legally obliged to show a gruesome image of an obese person."
- "That could be rather expensive."
- "As I get older, however, I must admit, my feelings on family have changed, rather dramatically in fact."
- "That's rather potent."
- "I'd much rather travel with the people."
- "Brian : Just a minute, sir, I'm in the middle of a rather important conference call with Europe."
- "Given the way things degenerated in last year's interview process, I'd rather leave things in your capable hands this time round."
- "I wish you luck with this rather special assignment!"
- "I have a rather personal question to ask you."
- "After complaining about the weather for half an hour, she told me that she recently handed over a cheque for £90,000 to a "nice young man", and that in exchange he promised to re-plaster the ceiling in her sitting room. I'm no expert on re-plastering, but this seems like a rather large sum of money."
Ainda tem dificuldades com 'Rather' (vocabulário inglês e traduções)? Quer melhorar o seu inglês? Faça o teste de nosso curso de inglês online e receba uma avaliação de nível grátis!