Tradução & Definição
to replace: recolocar, substituir
I'm here to replace the assistant during her maternity leave. I'll do her job while she's absent. Estou aqui para substituir a secretária durante a sua licença maternidade. Desempenharei suas tarefas enquanto ela está ausente.
a replacement: uma substituição, uma troca
One of the windows in my car is broken and I need to buy a replacement. I'm going to go to the shop now because without a new window I can't use my car.Uma das janelas do meu carro está quebrada e eu preciso comprar outra. Vou à loja agora porque sem uma janela nova eu não posso usar meu carro.
- "I want to thank you for your invaluable help over the last few weeks: Replacing the majority of our workforce with automatons and robots was no easy task, but your help in reducing our fragile, fleshy and weak human staff was done with ruthless, near robotic, efficiency."
- "And I know exactly what you should replace it with..."
- "Owner : I can't give you a refund, but I can replace him with another animal."
- "I'll tell you what, bring your plant back today and we'll replace it with something less... "spiny"."
- "I don't want to be replaced, Bruno."
- "Replace Bruno's dead pet with one that's alive!"
- "This replaces my previous endeavor of sleeping with as many people as possible."
- "And this afternoon, the interviews to hire Horatio's replacement are starting."
- "If anyone has any ideas of what to build on the second floor to replace the laboratory, your suggestions are welcome!"
- "He's the robot that will replace you."
Ainda tem dificuldades com 'Replace' (vocabulário inglês e traduções)? Quer melhorar o seu inglês? Faça o teste de nosso curso de inglês online e receba uma avaliação de nível grátis!