Tradução & Definição
to replace: recolocar, substituir
I'm here to replace the assistant during her maternity leave. I'll do her job while she's absent. Estou aqui para substituir a secretária durante a sua licença maternidade. Desempenharei suas tarefas enquanto ela está ausente.
a replacement: uma substituição, uma troca
One of the windows in my car is broken and I need to buy a replacement. I'm going to go to the shop now because without a new window I can't use my car.Uma das janelas do meu carro está quebrada e eu preciso comprar outra. Vou à loja agora porque sem uma janela nova eu não posso usar meu carro.
- "I want to thank you for your invaluable help over the last few weeks: Replacing the majority of our workforce with automatons and robots was no easy task, but your help in reducing our fragile, fleshy and weak human staff was done with ruthless, near robotic, efficiency."
- "Owner : I can't give you a refund, but I can replace him with another animal."
- "And this afternoon, the interviews to hire Horatio's replacement are starting."
- "Narrator: And finally we move to the office of CEO Bruno Delavigne, where Special Assistant Brian Jones has been replaced by a camel."
- "This replaces my previous endeavor of sleeping with as many people as possible."
- "If anyone has any ideas of what to build on the second floor to replace the laboratory, your suggestions are welcome!"
- "He's the robot that will replace you."
- "I don't want to be replaced, Bruno."
- "Samantha : If I may, sir, camels are amazing animals, and I am currently in a serious relationship with one, but there is no way that a camel could replace a human being at a highly skilled office job!"
- "Samantha : I'm sorry, but I'm afraid you can never hope to replace Sheeba."
Ainda tem dificuldades com 'Replace' (vocabulário inglês e traduções)? Quer melhorar o seu inglês? Faça o teste de nosso curso de inglês online e receba uma avaliação de nível grátis!