Vocabulário inglês e traduções (Ver todos)
the flu: a gripe
Flu é uma abreviação para o termo influenza, o qual é menos comum no inglês moderno.
UK: I think a pigeon gave me bird flu.
US: It's not the bird flu, it's just a cold.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "Philip : I think I have a stomach virus, or the flu, or both."
- "Professor Hyppolyte Fabuleux said 'Ever since the French flu pandemic of 1873, our nation has worn scarves to protect against the common cold and flu."
- "After watching news reports last week on the outbreak of 'fish flu' in Asia, 8-year-old boy Thomas MacKenzie made a bold decision."
- "He has a severe case of the flu, which is contagious in its early stages."
- "Bubbles' tragic isolation is just the latest incident in the growing fear of a possible 'fish flu' pandemic."
- "Although an occurrence of 'fish flu' in US waters has yet to be reported, alarmed Americans are taking no chances."
- "Is it the swine flu?"
- "One cannot contract the flu by using a perfume."
- "Faced with the threat of a flu pandemic, researchers from Paris have developed a deterrent that could stop the virus from spreading."
Ainda tem dificuldades com 'Flu'? Quer melhorar o seu inglês? Faça o teste de nosso curso de inglês online e receba uma avaliação de nível grátis!
Você tem um truque para lembrar a palavra 'Flu'? Compartilhe com a gente!