to acquire: acquérir
acquired (immunity): (immunité) acquise
It's an acquired taste: C'est qq chose qu'il faut apprendre à aimer
Examples of things described as "an acquired taste": olives, anchovies, capers, oysters, Brussels sprouts, caviar, sushi, whisky, contemporary art.
- "Wang acquired Dulce & Carpaccio last week for 7.1 billion dollars, further evidence that Wang is eying distribution channels."
- "Business insiders raised their eyebrows last week when it was reported that Wang Industries had acquired Dulce and Carpaccio, the Italian fashion house known for its ultra chic clothing and exquisite runway models."
- "Industrial Fruit Concern Inc. has stated that if they acquire the juice business, they plan to completely change the company culture and business model, create hundreds of soulless storefronts across the world, and pretty much ruin everything that made it unique."
- "I acquired telephone, customer service, computer and organizational skills and improved my English by speaking and writing daily."
- "San Francisco - In a move that is barely newsworthy, Industrial Fruit Concern Inc. (NASDAQ: IFC) has made a multi-billion dollar offer to acquire a local juice boutique."
- "Wang Automotive (Beijing, formerly "Xiao's Car Parts", acquired in June 1994, 83% ownership)"
- "Just one month ago, IFC reportedly made a billion-dollar offer to acquire the innovative American juice store after hearing rumors of the "magical" properties of their products."
- "British cuisine is an acquired taste."
- "Thanks to this position, I acquired diplomatic, public speaking, organizational, and time management skills."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Acquire' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !