after (dinner we'll go to the movies): après (dîner, nous irons au cinéma)
UK: Would you like to have a drink after work?
US: You can have a whisky after you've finished that vodka.
- "Hannah : Okay, see you after work."
- "Ah, yes... After London, after Paris, I'm in Kalackistan."
- "Brian : After listening to you snoring for twelve hours, I think I'm ready for a martini."
- "After finishing his studies, Philip took a..."
- "After University I married my sweetheart Jeffrey and we've been together for 8 years now."
- "Susie : After dinner, Bruno took me to the hotel."
- "Examples: "The government sent a letter of apology after destroying the village by drone strike."
- "After years of research, I'm proud to introduce you all to my newest employee, THX-1134, the ultimate salesperson!"
- "After six months of record sales, Philip was awarded the position of Director, which he held ever since."
- "Brian Jones and Horatio Oléré are gonna have a fight after work."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'After' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !