to amount to ($67): totaliser, s'élever à (67$)
The fixed expenses amount to an average of 5,000 Euros a month. Les frais fixes s'élèvent à 5.000 euros par mois.
to amount to something in life: faire quelque chose de sa vie
an amount: une somme, un montant, une quantité
The amount of money spent on the trip was very large. La somme d'argent que nous avons dépensée dans le voyage était très importante.
UK: I have a large amount of money in the bank.
US: The bill amounted to $15.
- "This is why you're never going to amount to anything in life, Bruno!"
- "As you can see, the company has provided the requisite amount of alcohol and sustenance for you to quote unquote "enjoy yourselves", and yet it still seems that you are not 100% thrilled with the festivities!"
- "Date Expense Description Amount ($) Units Details"
- "Studies show that the current "traffic light" labelling system - red, amber and green labels representing the amounts of salt, sugar, and fat - for foods on sale in supermarkets is reasonably common, but not effective enough in reducing obesity."
- "Congratulations on your recent acquisition of an obscene amount of money."
- "Icarus : Using high pitch frequencies emitted by the global positioning device in Bruno's helicopter, and then cross referencing them both with the amount of fuel in the helicopter as well as all known latitude and longitudes in both the eastern and western hemispheres, I was able to project Bruno and Susie's trajectory and landing location within one kilometer!"
- "The party proceeded to barbecue multiple sausages and prawns on the beach, and consume moderate amounts of beer (300-400 cans)."
- "Travelling to and from the nearest city is no problem, our airport shuttle service is guaranteed to take the same amount of time as the flight itself."
- "Ms. Lohan already sits on our board of trustees, however she is considering investing a large amount of capital in the company, which would allow us to finally purchase the island zoo that Horatio keeps asking for."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Amount' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !