appropriate: approprié, qui convient, adéquat
Do you think a tea set is an appropriate gift for a wedding anniversary? Pensez-vous qu'un service à thé est un cadeau approprié pour un anniversaire de mariage?
inappropriate: peu convenable, inopportun, inapproprié
The email Philip sent Polly was inappropriate. Le mail qu'a envoyé Philip à Polly était inapproprié.
to appropriate: s'approprier
to appropriate (somebody else's car) s'approprier (la voiture de quelqu'un)
- "Icarus : You see, another Stickypedia user has seen our edit and quickly realized that a photo of me was inappropriate."
- "Luna : Now Philip, Susie has made a very serious accusation about your behavior, which she considers inappropriate."
- ""Anti-English" graffiti has started to appear in the men's restroom. I won't go into details, but the slogans are shocking and completely inappropriate in a modern multicultural working environment."
- "We need to have a long talk about appropriate language in the workplace."
- "Connect appropriate wire to USB or Firewire port of computer."
- "Poorly-written application email + inappropriate joke about alcoholism = polite rejection."
- "- Never deactivate the firewall we have installed for you, even if it prevents you from accessing certain websites (which are, as it happens, not appropriate for the workplace)."
- "Ask them which questions they think are inappropriate."
- "Removed Philip's testosterone chip after inappropriate joke about silicon implants."
- "However, I don't want to see a repeat of this kind of outmoded and inappropriate attitude."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Appropriate' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !