before (nightfall): avant (la nuit)
The report should have been finished before the meeting! Le rapport aurait dû être terminé avant la réunion!
before (the court): devant (le tribunal)
- "Godfather : I'm going to explain this one more time, before I die."
- "But before I tell you about it, you must promise me that you will help me."
- "Reverend : Now, Edward Moon and Jean Marron are going to sing a song to Philip before he finally departs."
- "Before we enter, please put on these sandals and take this water pistol... just in case."
- "Before we get started, I'd like to remind you that tomorrow's activities include camel boxing, camel racing, and of course the camel swimsuit competition!"
- "Susie : So there I was with my best mates, and it was just like old times again, before I became CEO of Delavigne, before Jean proposed marriage, before Bruno took me away in his helicopter."
- "Before you see him, however, I have some bad news."
- "We must come up with a plan quickly, before nightfall."
- "Announcement : This is a reminder that all international passengers must go through customs and immigration before collecting their baggage."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Before' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !