behind: derrière, en arrière de
My keys were behind the desk. Mes clefs étaient derrière le bureau.
Bob already has over 10 years of IT experience behind him. Bob a déjà plus que 10 ans d'expérience derrière lui.
I've put all that behind me. Tout ça est du passé.
to be behind somebody soutenir quelqu'un
- "Art dealer : You mean the circle was behind the squares?"
- "The technology behind these perfumed adverts is quite simple."
- "I'm not scared for myself of course - I'm standing behind 3 layers of bulletproof glass in my very own Brent-Mobile, inspired by the Pope's vehicle."
- "With each "groundbreaking", "must-have" widget added to the Ephone store comes another way to tune out from the real world (you know, that thing that you see through the window behind your computer screen?"
- "Behind us is man with funny hat, and over there large river... which is also church, da?"
- "The basic philosophy behind the movement is that eating locally has ecological value: The carbon footprint of Kobe beef which has made the trip from Japan to New York has more of an environmental impact than a piece of fresh meat from the local farmer's market."
- "The styles of the 80s may be a thing of the past, but the concept behind power dressing is as relevant as ever."
- "Founder and CEO Harold Percy Warbuckle is the driving force behind these changes, and realizes that in today's world, governments don't effect change, billionaires do."
- "It's behind the bar, here."
- "Bruno Delavigne, CEO of the Delavigne Corporation, explains the idea behind this unique project."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Behind' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !