to bet: parier
I bet he'll get hired. Je parie qu'il sera embauché.
Notons que ce verbe est irrégulier :
I bet / I bet / I have bet
a bet: un pari
(-Can you do me a favor?) -You bet!: (-Pouvez-vous me rendre un service ?) -Bien sûr !
UK: I bet I'll get hired.
US: I bet two hundred dollars on a horse called Flip Flop.
- "I bet it's cold over there."
- "Philip : You bet they don't, Quincy, but this one did!"
- "Hannah : I bet you didn't."
- "On the other hand, that factory he was talking about seems like a surefire bet."
- "A big-shot like you, with your overpriced shoes, I bet you don't have any money."
- "I bet I earn 5 times as much as you, anyway!"
- "I bet you are."
- "Harold : You bet!"
- "Moira : So I bet there are a lot of people in the crowd supporting the home team then?"
- "I bet they want me to join the bureau to protect the country."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Bet' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !