(What do you eat for) breakfast?: (Que mangez-vous au) petit déjeuner ?
Breakfast is made up of the words "break" and "fast". The term "breakfast" literally refers to "breaking" or ending a "fast" (the period in which nothing is eaten).
to fast: jeûner
to break the fast: rompre le jeûne
- "What if they're serving breakfast at the conference Donna?"
- "Tonight we're going to reminisce about some of the moments that have made Funky Friday a nutritious part of your Gymglish breakfast month after month."
- "Donna : We'll have breakfast."
- "I want breakfasts included."
- "You have worn funny hats, taken 17 shots of vodka for breakfast, and purchased 73 Russian dolls."
- "Horatio : I want yak for breakfast."
- "That would be silly to eat breakfast twice."
- "- We've had one, yes, what about second breakfast?"
- "Philip : Just as soon as I'm finished spitting this important message: "Must use toilet immediately, ate burrito for breakfast."
- "- Breakfast is available at a small extra charge (£7)."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Breakfast' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !