a building: un bâtiment, un immeuble
to build: construire
Notons que ce verbe est irrégulier :
I build / I built / I have built
a builder: un maçon, un entrepreneur du bâtiment
UK: Turn left at the big blue building.
US: This is the house that Jack built.
- "Everyone must choose their own path, but thanks to the fine education that this school has provided for us, we have a solid foundation on which to build."
- "I've surfed every wave in this building, including the killer break in the first floor toilet."
- "You remember the new factory we wanted to build in Spain?"
- "You rightly banned Icarus Quincy from the building for arguing that IcarusBot's calculations were less accurate than a human."
- "But, before she could leave the building, she heard a feminine cry for help..."
- "I want you to take this ladder, and this rope, climb out of the building and open the door on the other side."
- "Innovative financial expert adept at building enterprise value"
- "Re : We built a gym"
- "If anyone has any ideas of what to build on the second floor to replace the laboratory, your suggestions are welcome!"
- "Please carry on as you were, and let's all pretend that there isn't a large, smoldering crater on the second floor of our building."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Building' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !