by (the end of the week): pas plus tard que, d'ici, avant (la fin de la semaine)
The results will be announced by Monday. Les résultats seront annoncés d'ici lundi.
Cashman should be here by now. Cashman devrait déjà être ici.
By the time (you read this, I will be gone): Quand (tu liras ceci, je serai parti)
- "By the time it reaches Brazil, we will have missed the delivery deadline!"
- "I need, like, three thousand copies by Tuesday!"
- "Tomorrow morning I have to finish an interim financial report, and Kevin still hasn't gotten back to me with the figures I need from the factories in Asia, and I already asked him eight times, and Bruno's going to be furious if the finished report isn't on his desk by 12."
- "We'll be back by tomorrow afternoon."
- "You must be in the dining room at 7.30 sharp , and have finished eating by 7.45 sharp ."
- "Be ready at the bus depot by 5 AM. Sorry, money is tight right now."
- "If the Intergalactic Tax Office doesn't receive it by midnight, the planet will be destroyed!"
- "- You must check out by 8AM on your day of departure."
- "Otherwise, give me a chance, and I'll have a report for you by Tuesday."
- "Our ETA in Boston is 1:30 AM, but again, I'll do my best to make it there by midnight."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'By the time' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !