to call for (something): appeler (qq ch, à qq ch), réclamer (quelque chose)
Call for help! Appelez au secours!
The president called for peace. Le président a réclamé la paix.
This calls for a celebration! Ça se fête!
- "Did you call for a cab?"
- ""The May Day protesters are calling for a reform of the US immigration policy, universal health care, improved workers' rights and an end to all wars instigated by the US."
- "I could call for an ambulance."
- "I'm not sure what she has in mind exactly, but I imagine that she'll want to call for a press conference very soon."
- "Techie (Rachel) : This is Rachel Witt from Know-It-All Technical Solutions, I'm calling for a ... Bob Kater."
- "Specifically, the invoice called for 5,000 bottles to be produced for wholesale and retail distribution in France, and close to 15,000 bottles were actually produced."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Call for' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !