a chair: une chaise
the chair (of the Science department): la chaire, le président (du département Science)
to chair (a meeting): présider (une réunion)
- "I had an accident on that chair."
- "The seven billion dollar deal had been in the works for months, says Professor Ping "Pong" Faan, chair of the economics department at Beijing University."
- "Let me just get a chair."
- "Ruby kisses Icarus, who then falls off his chair."
- "I will chair the meeting today."
- "Why did you break a chair on my head?"
- "I was sitting innocently at my desk, daydreaming about my statue, when suddenly and inexplicably I fell out of my chair and onto the floor."
- "I left the replacement keyboard on the big leather chair in your office."
- "As I sat in the barber's chair"
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Chair' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !