devastating: foudroyant, ravageur
to devastate: dévaster, saccager, ravager
- "No human casualties were reported, although it is believed that the goose was unable to survive its devastating injuries."
- "But here's the real problem. Eliminating half of the fishing industry would have a devastating effect on unemployment levels in Northern Scotland."
- "Hurricane Vanessa continues to wreak havoc all over the American Southeast, another suicide bombing on Mount Placid has caused panic in the Middle East, a new outbreak of avian flu is devastating the chicken industry in Ethiopia."
- "Moira : Here's a quick look at some of the stories we'll be covering today: another devastating flood hits Bangladesh, the economic crisis in Argentina takes a turn for the worse, and an assassination attempt on the Danish Prime Minister has some hilarious consequences."
- "By now, you've no doubt read the newspapers: devastating earthquakes, deadly floods, fatal epidemics, terrorist attacks, destructive hurricanes and death tolls in the thousands, and that's just on the front page!"
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Devastate' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !