to embarrass: gêner, embarrasser
My parents still embarrass me in public. Mes parents m'embarrassent toujours en public.
embarrassed: embarrassé, gêné
Are you embarrassed by my joke? Êtes-vous embarrassé par ma blague?
embarrassment: l'embarras, la gêne
- "Susie : Well actually I'm a little embarrassed to admit it, but I could go either way on the issue myself."
- "Embarrassed zoo employees say that killing such "problem animals" is standard procedure, and reported that Shoshana will be given a lethal injection in a private ceremony attended by only a veterinarian and a priest."
- "I recently had guests visit me, and I was quite embarrassed to have to apologize to them about the state of my bathroom. Explaining the large pieces of wood and plaster lodged in the toilet and sink was particularly difficult."
- "(This function was disabled after an embarrassing incident involving CFO, Icarus Quincy)."
- "Congratulations on choosing Slick Brand Solutions to help repair your company's shattered reputation following your truly embarrassing nude photo leak."
- "Shame. Embarrassment. Indignation."
- "This is embarrassing."
- "Jean : Kevin, I am embarrassed that I was so stupid."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Embarrass' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !