empty: vide, désert, creux
I found the box empty. J'ai trouvé le carton vide.
The streets were empty the next morning. Le lendemain matin, les rues étaient désertes.
The president delivered a speech empty of meaning. Le président a fait un discours vide de sens.
to empty: épuiser, évacuer, vider
We need to empty all the jars. Nous devons vider tous les pots.
- "Brian : The room's empty!"
- "I've got my sun block: SPF 75, my aviator shades, three bottles of purified drinking water, two bags of fresh baby carrots, my travel journal and an empty mayonnaise jar... just in case of an emergency."
- "So much affection, it warms my heart, but it also makes me feel... empty."
- "Messages in bottles are not the most reliable form of correspondence, but as my camp is patrolled by French guards, there is no shortage of empty wine bottles."
- "My diary is empty but can you check yours and tell me what day, if any, would be best for you?"
- "-empty your trash"
- "I checked my documents in the C-drive and it's empty!"
- "Watch this, I'm going to hit the driver with this empty bottle!"
- "I have put coal on the barbecue and then I've emptied a bottle of your "highly flammable" Montmartre Musk, all over it."
- "The room's empty!"
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Empty' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !