an eye: un œil
as far as the eye can see à perte de vue
a black eye un coquart (ou "coquard")
to sleep with one eye open ne dormir que d'un œil
to keep an eye on... garder un œil sur...
the apple of my eye la prunelle de mes yeux
to eye: regarder, lorgner
- "Before we go any further, let's check in with our "eye in the sky", Ray Upton for a quick traffic report."
- "Your eyes are like dollar signs."
- "Philip : But I always thought that aliens had green skin and big eyes and triangle heads, and watched the XXX-files, and you know, abducted humans and stuff."
- "The look of love is in your eyes."
- "Before we begin, let's check in with our "Eye in the Sky", Ray Upton, who joins us live from the Radio Rhubarb Traffic Copter 1."
- "As our eyes met for the first time, I felt her looking deep into my soul, a place where no woman had ever penetrated."
- "Eye witness report by: CLIVE THE BEER VENDOR"
- "I brought my eyes wide shut mask and everything!"
- "Vicar : Ladies and gentlemen, we are gathered here today to celebrate the holy matrimony of two young lovers, eager to forge a union in the eyes of God, which is to last forever and ever."
- "You're not blind, your eyes are just closed."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Eye' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !