(I can't go any) further: (Je ne peux pas aller) plus loin
You need to go further south. Vous avez besoin d'aller encore plus au sud.
(to talk about, to discuss something) further: (parler) davantage (de quelque chose)
We will inquire further into the matter. Nous nous renseignerons davantage sur la question.
(I'll give you) a further 2 hours (to complete the project): (Je vous donne) 2 heures supplémentaires (pour finir le projet)
UK: You need to go further south.
US: Before we go any further, can I see your ID?
- "So... I would like to invite you to stop by my office at your earliest convenience to discuss this matter further, as well as to provide you with some more information regarding our policy on terminating employees (I mean that in the non-Arnold Schwarzenneger way)."
- "With around 20% of the British population currently falling into the "obese" category, and a further 40% being classified as "overweight", the government decided a change was necessary."
- "Hogwash : $10,000 up front and a further $10,000 upon completion."
- "Awaiting further instructions."
- "Thank you very much, no further questions."
- "(delete as applicable - please add further information)"
- "We can discuss this further if you like?"
- "Any suggestions to help me further dull my senses during the festivities are more than welcome."
- "Bill Tanner : Further questions?"
- "Consider this email a first warning, further reports of verbal abuse will result in serious consequences!"
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Further' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !