the heart: le cœur
I know the rules by heart. Je connais les règles par cœur.
It's important to look at the heart of the matter. C'est important de voir le cœur du problème.
(He suffers from) heart problems: (Il souffre de) problèmes cardiaques
UK: I lost my heart to a starship trooper.
US: I know the rules by heart.
- "In this friendly, friendly world, with each day so full of joy, why should any heart be lonely?"
- "Won't you please let me back in your heart?"
- "'Cause that would break my heart."
- "When there's a shine on your shoes, there's a melody in your heart..."
- "When you smile at me, it's like my heart stops working, and then my stomach hurts and I cannot eat anything any more."
- "Did you have your heart broken?"
- "The celebration of their love will take place on Friday, the twenty-fifth of August at three o'clock at Sacred Heart Cathedral, 1669 Fudgejunction Road, London, England."
- "It's not fair to you for me to pretend our relationship is going to work when I know in my heart my attention is elsewhere - Europe."
- "Don't be cruel, to a heart that's true..."
- "Today, at San Francisco's historic Bleeding Heart Theatre, in the heart of the Rainbow District, the Delavigne Corporation will announce its latest charitable endeavor."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Heart' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !