to hop: sauter, faire des bonds
I hopped onto the subway. J'ai sauté dans le métro.
to hop in (or "into") a cab, to hop on (or "onto") a bus: sauter dans un taxi, monter dans un bus
UK: I'm just going to hop on the bus to visit the shops.
US: I hold the world record for hopping on one leg.
- "Hop in! Jean : Thank you."
- "Hop in it and take it about two miles down the trail, and then you'll see the guesthouse on your right."
- "I've been known to hop around a little bit myself."
- "They look quite blasé, just hopping around."
- "All day long he plays video games, listens to hip hop music, downloads "adult" films on his computer, and smokes strange cigarettes in his room."
- "Kevin : It's fine, I'll just hop into a cab."
- "Did you know, kangaroos are the only large animals to hop as a means of locomotion?"
- "Bus driver : Then we're good to go! Hop on!"
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Hop' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !