to improve: améliorer, (se) perfectionner, progresser
Luna volunteers for an organization that tries to improve the living conditions of poor families. Luna est bénévole dans une association qui essaie d'améliorer les conditions de vie des familles pauvres.
Jean is really improving his English. Jean se perfectionne vraiment en anglais.
an improvement: une amélioration, un progrès
There is always room for improvement. On peut toujours faire mieux.
- "I was just wondering... what improvements do you feel that we could make here?"
- "Perhaps you could improve the way the information is organized?"
- ""The May Day protesters are calling for a reform of the US immigration policy, universal health care, improved workers' rights and an end to all wars instigated by the US."
- "Please find below our personalized suggestions for new profiles for your managers on the social media site, LockedIn, based on what we know about each of them. We think that this "facelift" will improve the company's reputation and even provide new business opportunities."
- "However, I can tell you that the initiative kills two birds with one stone: not only should it improve the level of hygiene in the office, it will also provide a permanent use for otherwise useless intern, Edward Moon."
- "In order to improve our organization's reputation for service, here are some proven customer service guidelines that I have found particularly beneficial"
- "I'm not expecting you to be "a shoulder to cry on", but I'm convinced that, with a little bit of tact and consideration, we will see an enormous, and immediate, improvement in the quality of Doris's work."
- "However, you really need to improve your vocabulary."
- "Last year, things improved, we sold a lot of perfumes and we overtook... Fiji!"
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Improve' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !