to instruct (somebody) to do (something): donner l'ordre (à qq'un) de faire (qq chose)
He instructed me to stay by the phone. Il m'a donné l'ordre de rester près du téléphone.
to instruct (somebody) on doing (something): enseigner (à qq'un) comment faire (qq chose)
Bob instructed me on how to use my computer. Bob m'a appris comment me servir de mon ordinateur.
- "Brent : Well Moira, I suppose that there's no easy answer here, and that the debate will continue until scientists can prove whether eggs are bad for us and then instruct us not to eat them. Just out of curiosity Moira, how many eggs do you eat per week?"
- "I have been instructed by Princess Utopia to escort you to your master."
- "Please contact me immediately so that I can instruct you on how to transfer these funds to your personal bank account."
- "You are still recycling your plastics, like I instructed?"
- "Icarus : Err, I think you should speak with Mr. Delavigne, because he has instructed me -"
- "But I'm retired now, and I travel around and instruct people on enjoying life."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Instruct' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !