an issue: une affaire, un problème, un enjeu
What's the issue? Quel est le problème?
I have a small issue with your poor hygiene. Votre mauvaise hygiène me pose un petit problème.
world issues les actualités internationales
to issue: publier, délivrer, émettre
The National Weather Forecasting agency has issued a hurricane warning. L'agence nationale de prévisions météorologiques a émis un bulletin d'avertissement pour l'ouragan.
UK: Global warming is an issue which affects us all.
US: I'm afraid I'll have to issue you a warning.
- "Granted, personal issues should not interfere with job performance, however it is my firm belief that, given time, Doris will regain her previous productivity."
- "As chief financial officer, I'd like to avoid issuing any profit warnings."
- "New president of Europe Brian Alistair Jones, the winner in a hotly contested election that divided citizens over issues such as a national cheese, sits in his office with a reflective look on his face."
- "Here is my assessment of your issues following our brief encounter."
- "Susie : We need to issue a publicity statement that denounces Ivana's behavior, but also shows we are helping her through this difficult time."
- "I will of course talk to Doris, but I'm pretty sure that her recent poor performance is a result of personal issues."
- "Adults with criminal records or mental health issues can purchase them as usual."
- "Ahead of the vote on June 1st, 2020, the two remaining candidates, Brits Edward Moon and Brian Jones, will clash on the big issues: cheese, the environment and the Eurovision song contest."
- "Our HR Department has just recently issued a hiring freeze, meaning that I won't be hiring a Personal Assistant at all."
- "I know I've learnt that you people have a lot of unresolved issues."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Issue' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !