a lawyer: un avocat
A "lawyer" is sometimes referred to as an "attorney" in the USA. In Britain, we talk of "solicitors" and "barristers".
Your lawyer is here to see you. Votre avocat est arrivé pour vous voir.
UK: I am a lawyer. I practise law.
US: I too am a lawyer, but I am also called an attorney.
- "Lawyer : Let's just put the body in this office."
- "Lawyer : Pardon me?"
- "Lawyer : Oh no!"
- "Lawyer : Hello!"
- "This is my lawyer."
- "Lawyer : As for the tax evasion, I've made an appointment with the best accountant in town tomorrow at 10.00 am, at the Delavigne Corporation."
- "Looks like I'll need to find a new lawyer too!"
- "Lawyer : Uhhh, Mr Capone?"
- "Lawyer : The same accountant that was going to help you with your tax evasion case!"
- "Lawyer : That was the accountant!"
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Lawyer' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !