a layoff: un licenciement
to lay sbdy off: licencier qq'un
Notons que ce verbe est irrégulier :
I lay sbdy off / I laid sbdy off / I have laid sbdy off
- "It's not me that's getting laid off."
- "Janine : Well Brent, we know that nobody wants to be standing in the unemployment line, but in most US states, you are entitled to collect unemployment if you have been laid off."
- "Don't worry, we won't be downsizing, and there are no layoffs forthcoming."
- "It's you that I have to lay off."
- "Generally, it's workers who are laid off that receive unemployment benefits."
- "I will do my best to get laid... off."
- "Luna : So you know I have to talk to you about a layoff?"
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Layoff' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !