to leave: laisser, partir, quitter
When do you leave for France? Quand partez-vous pour la France ?
I've left five messages on her answerphone. J'ai laissé cinq messages sur son répondeur.
I left the country two years ago. J'ai quitté le pays il y a deux ans.
Notons que ce verbe est irrégulier :
I leave / I left / I have left
(there's nothing) left: (il ne) reste (plus rien)
There's still some food left. Il reste un peu de nourriture.
What is left to do? Qu'est-ce qu'il reste à faire ?
UK: I'd like to leave the office early today.
US: You left early yesterday. Get back to work.
- "I won't leave you, Brian Jones!"
- "Listen up everybody, because of Bruno's work, all of you can leave early!"
- "As you all know, it's been exactly one month since Bruno left the company in search of happiness, and exactly one month since I've been the interim CEO in his place."
- "I purchased an old soviet submarine on e-bay with the money my grandfather left me."
- "Leave me, and take care of your mother."
- "Bruno : Good, now that you're here, I want you to leave at once."
- "I will leave you now."
- "The children are the future, so leave these kids alone!"
- "I'm surprised you didn't leave him years ago."
- "Since we left England, Susie and I have had quite an adventure."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Leave' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !