a matter: une question, un problème, un sujet
I have a few matters to discuss with you. Je dois parler de certains problèmes avec vous.
a matter of life and death une question de vie ou de mort
in a matter of (months): en l'espace de (quelques mois)
- "There's also a little matter I'd like to discuss with you, but we'll get to that later!"
- "As this is an official FBI matter, please observe strict protocol for discretion and confidentiality."
- "Thank you for your cooperation in this matter"
- "As you can imagine, I have a lot to say on this matter."
- "What are your feelings on the matter, everyone?"
- "You've only been alive for a matter of months, but I've already had reports of public indecency, aggressive lullaby singing, diaper throwing, tummy aches, temper tantrums, loud crying and some very serious accusations of milk abuse."
- "I should really report you to the police, but I will take great pleasure in dealing with this matter personally."
- "Now, for the small matter of payment."
- "It's just a matter of talking to the right people."
- "I'm contacting you about a most urgent matter."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Matter' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !