a misunderstanding: un malentendu, une méprise, une mésentente, un quiproquo
to misunderstand: mal comprendre, mal interpréter
Notons que ce verbe est irrégulier :
I misunderstand / I misunderstood / I have misunderstood
- "I'm sure this is just a simple misunderstanding, but we'd appreciate your help in clarifying the situation."
- "Susie : I'm fine, I just keep misunderstanding what you're saying to me."
- "I think there's been a misunderstanding."
- "I guess I misunderstood."
- "You misunderstood me."
- "Donna : Hmmn, Mr. Cheeter, I'm afraid you've misunderstood me."
- "I won't go into details but, in a classic example of cultural misunderstanding, she thought the small, red phone was intended as a gift, and she is now refusing to give it back!"
- "Although there may have been a misunderstanding regarding Jean Marron's hiring, I'm sure you'll agree that Mr. Feltchenheimer is just the man for the job!"
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Misunderstanding' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !