to occur: survenir, arriver, se passer, avoir lieu
Several things occurred while we were playing ping-pong. Plusieurs choses se sont passées lorsque nous étions en train de jouer au ping-pong.
According to statistics, in France, a domestic fire occurs every 2 minutes. Selon les statistiques, en France, un incendie domestique survient toutes les 2 minutes.
- "I think I would prove particularly helpful during your periods of extended absence, as well as during "sleepy time", which, if I understood correctly, occurs nearly every afternoon."
- "I can tell you with certainty that this is the first time that such an event has occurred at the Golden Gate Gourmet, and it will undoubtedly be the last."
- "A shipment of perfume was being transported to São Paulo when the accident occurred."
- "I would have replied earlier, however my accounting obligations prevented me from checking my email until the early afternoon, and then an unfortunate incident occurred during my bathroom break, when my necktie got caught in the zipper of my pants."
- "I'll keep you posted on any developments, as and when they occur."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Occur' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !