an official: un fonctionnaire, un officiel
The Indian government was represented by two state officials at the meeting. L'état indien a envoyé deux représentants officiels à l'assemblée.
My mother works for City Hall as a state official. Ma mère est fonctionnaire à l'Hôtel de Ville.
official: officiel, autorisé
It's official! C'est officiel!
- "The official policy will be sent shortly as a PDF file, but I'd like to draw your attention to some specific details beforehand."
- "If not, just have fun reading the official hiring policy document when it arrives."
- "Official FBI biz!"
- "What should be the official cheese of Europe?"
- "She's having some difficulty with US customs. Apparently her strong British accent caused customs officials to believe that she was a terrorist."
- "Another airport official confirmed that Delavigne was inebriated, adding "He told his entourage to get on the ship and bring the wine, saying that it was time to "take this party to the motherf***in skies"."
- "My name is Gerald Lansing, and I am a top-ranking official at the FBI."
- "Philip : The official launch isn't for three months but..."
- "an official purchase order will be sent later today."
- "As this is an official FBI matter, please observe strict protocol for discretion and confidentiality."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Official' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !