an opportunity: une occasion, une chance, une possibilité
I haven't had an opportunity to thank you for the wonderful fruit basket you sent me. Je n'ai pas encore eu l'occasion de vous remercier pour le merveilleux panier de fruit que vous m'avez envoyé.
I'm giving you an opportunity to explain yourself. Go ahead, you have 37 seconds. Je vous donne une chance de vous expliquer. Allez y, vous avez 37 secondes.
Bruno is currently seeking out investment opportunities in Asia. Bruno recherche actuellement des possibilités d'investissement en Asie.
a job opportunity une offre d'emploi
to take the opportunity (to do sthg) saisir l'occasion (de faire qq ch)
UK: The Asian market is a real business opportunity.
US: I didn't have the opportunity to thank you for the flowers.
- "Today we've been granted the exclusive opportunity to discover the many secrets of his magnificent, splendiferous, fantabulous, audacious, enormous ranch!"
- "Thank you very much for the many opportunities given to me during my tenure at the company, including my state of the art laboratory, monkey staff, and relaxed clothing requirements."
- "Anyway, I really appreciate the opportunity to pursue this type of unorthodox training at the company's expense, and I heartily recommend to the rest of the staff to follow through and do something similar."
- "My name is THX-1134 and I can turn any situation into a sales opportunity."
- "You each had the opportunity - and motive - to kill Stink... but now I'm going to tell you exactly who committed the terrible crime of doggy murder!"
- "You don't know me, and we've never done business together, but believe me, this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity."
- "Happy holidays to all and thank you American capitalism for the opportunity to work straight through the festive season with so few days off."
- "Let me take this opportunity to thank Icarus and his mother for making the effort to come along."
- "Thank you ever so much for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity."
- "Please find below our personalized suggestions for new profiles for your managers on the social media site, LockedIn, based on what we know about each of them. We think that this "facelift" will improve the company's reputation and even provide new business opportunities."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Opportunity' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !