to paint: peindre
to paint the town red faire la fête
a painting: une peinture
I bought two paintings at the auction last Sunday. J'ai acheté deux peintures aux enchères dimanche dernier.
paint (on the walls): la peinture (des murs)
UK: I painted my toenails different colours last night.
US: I finished painting the kitchen and now I'm covered in paint.
- "Xiao Xiao : Ok, there's no need to beat around my bush*: we want your painting and we're willing to pay for it."
- "It appears to be some paint... and a CD of whales making love."
- "Give me the paint, there is much work to be done!"
- "He is very interested in purchasing your painting "Multiplicity" (or "Absurd Crimson Symphony" as it is translated in Chinese)."
- "Just like a Picasso painting."
- "Apparently, the painting reminds him very much of his grandmother, who was also red, ugly and had your signature on her bottom."
- "Art dealer : Ok, I've got three Plazbo paintings in front of me."
- "I look forward to meeting the man capable of creating such a painting."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Paint' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !
Vous avez une 'combine' pour vous souvenir de 'Paint' ? Partagez-la avec nous sur notre forum !
HTML Comment Box is loading comments...