to paint: peindre
to paint the town red faire la fête
a painting: une peinture
I bought two paintings at the auction last Sunday. J'ai acheté deux peintures aux enchères dimanche dernier.
paint (on the walls): la peinture (des murs)
UK: I painted my toenails different colours last night.
US: I finished painting the kitchen and now I'm covered in paint.
- "Give me the paint, there is much work to be done!"
- "Art dealer : Ok, I've got three Plazbo paintings in front of me."
- "It appears to be some paint... and a CD of whales making love."
- "Xiao Xiao : Ok, there's no need to beat around my bush*: we want your painting and we're willing to pay for it."
- "I look forward to meeting the man capable of creating such a painting."
- "Art dealer : All of Plazbo's paintings feature squares and circles."
- "Bruno : Yes I know, but one of his paintings stood out!"
- "Just like a Picasso painting."
- "He is very interested in purchasing your painting "Multiplicity" (or "Absurd Crimson Symphony" as it is translated in Chinese)."
- "Apparently, the painting reminds him very much of his grandmother, who was also red, ugly and had your signature on her bottom."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Paint' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !