to protest : protester, manifester
There were thousands of people out protesting the war. Des milliers de personnes ont manifesté aujourd'hui contre la guerre.
a protest: une protestation, une réclamation, une manifestation
- "So, what's the deal with this protest?"
- "Susie : Nearly 1000 laborers in Vietnam protested the poor working conditions by refusing to work."
- "Tension in this country is high - riots, protests, and angry tea drinking seem inevitable."
- "Susie : As I was saying, protests, customer boycotts and international mistrust are all dangers here."
- "As some of you are no doubt aware, May Day, also known as International Workers' Day) is this Friday, and apparently a few thousand people will be celebrating with a mass protest on the streets of San Francisco."
- "Edward : We're marching to Bruno's office in protest!"
- "He denied us our right to march in the May Day protest, so we're denying him his right to leave the office for the weekend."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Protest' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !