a purpose: un but
What is the purpose of your visit today? Quel est le but de votre visite aujourd'hui?
(to do something) on purpose: faire exprès (de faire qqch)
Did you do it on purpose? Est-ce que vous l'avez fait exprès?
- "State your name and purpose!"
- "Unfortunately, I am unable to give you more information regarding my position and purpose, because then I would have to kill you."
- "And let me assure you that the information you give today is solely for research purposes, and will be used only by myself and the marketing department here at Delavigne."
- "It's actually for work purposes."
- "The purpose of this party is to boost morale."
- "For legal purposes, we deny everything."
- "The purpose of this letter is to briefly introduce myself as Delavigne Corporation's Director of Sales."
- "Oléré, an Indian shaman who practiced strange rituals in the heart of the Amazon, used herbs and plants from the rainforest for medicinal purposes."
- "Lawyer : Uh, Mr. Capone, for legal purposes, I'd like you to refrain from using the term "gangster" to describe yourself."
- "What is your purpose in life?"
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Purpose' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !