to say: dire
He said he was coming. Il a dit qu'il venait.
Notons que ce verbe est irrégulier :
I say / I said / I have said
Say... (or "Let's say..."): Disons... Mettons... ; Dites…
Say, are you free Friday night? Dites, êtes-vous libre vendredi soir?
You'll need, say, three hours to finish this job. Vous aurez besoin de, mettons, trois heures pour finir ce projet.
(Could you) say it again?: (Pouvez-vous) répéter ?
- "Brian : But Bruno says that Sheeba is better-"
- "What I'm trying to say is: he's crazy."
- "Edward Yeah, it's not as if he's going to come up and say "hello" to us!"
- "Dr. Loblaw : I don't say "mmkay" all the time, mmkay?"
- "Gidyeon, this is Dr. Loblaw, say hello to the nice man."
- "To say thank you for all your hard work lately, and to celebrate our moderately successful first quarter sales, I'm pleased to announce that the senior staff of the Delavigne Corporation will be taking a team-building trip this weekend!"
- "Why do you say "mmkay" all the time?"
- "Oh no, I've said too much."
- "Krazy Gidyeon : My assistant say I'm crazy!"
- "You say that you lost your job to a camel?"
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Say' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !