to say: dire
He said he was coming. Il a dit qu'il venait.
Notons que ce verbe est irrégulier :
I say / I said / I have said
Say... (or "Let's say..."): Disons... Mettons... ; Dites…
Say, are you free Friday night? Dites, êtes-vous libre vendredi soir?
You'll need, say, three hours to finish this job. Vous aurez besoin de, mettons, trois heures pour finir ce projet.
(Could you) say it again?: (Pouvez-vous) répéter ?
- "Another airport official confirmed that Delavigne was inebriated, adding "He told his entourage to get on the ship and bring the wine, saying that it was time to "take this party to the motherf***in skies"."
- "he says that I'll be..."
- "This is very hard for me to say, but I have decided to stay here."
- "I said, "Horatio you've got to go on without me"..."
- "I'm probably going to regret saying this, but there's a secret I've been dying to share with someone."
- "He says they remind him of Bruno Delavigne."
- "Brian May says I've got a real head for business, and Freddie Mercury says I have an arse that won't quit."
- "What are you saying?"
- "Brian : Say, do you know any jokes, Horatio?"
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Say' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !