to seem: paraître, apparaître, sembler
Uh oh! I seem to have gotten pregnant again! Uh oh! J'ai l'impression d'être encore tombée enceinte.
It seems (that there has been an earthquake): On dirait (qu'il y a eu un tremblement de terre)
It seems that Jonathan in Marketing was really a woman named Joanna. Il semble que Jonathan du département marketing soit en fait une femme prénommée Joanna.
It seems like it's malignant, but I'm a mechanic, not a doctor. Cela ressemble à une tumeur maligne, mais je suis mécanicien, pas docteur.
- "Lucie : Well, the elevator seems nice and clean."
- "But again, it seemed like we weren't quite on the same wavelength."
- "I've seen this before in a French horror movie - it seems like the foie gras is making him hallucinate!"
- "It would seem that Bruno Delavigne is hardly fit to run a company."
- "It seems that there's been an administrative error."
- "Susie : Well I did just get back from Kalackistan where it's been snowing for what seems like an eternity."
- "She cares about the environment and seems like a good person."
- "-Seems expensive."
- "Tension in this country is high - riots, protests, and angry tea drinking seem inevitable."
- "-Seems. Well this seems to be a waste of my time."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Seem' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais en ligne Gymglish !