to sit in on (a meeting): assister à (une réunion)
I sat in on the discussion. J'ai assisté à la discussion.
Notons que ce verbe est irrégulier :
I sit in on / I sat in on / I have sat in on
to sit in (the back): s'asseoir (au fond)
- "Be careful to sit in one of the first four carriages because the back of the train takes a different branch to Puddlington, and you don't want to go there!"
- "I have a lot of students to speak to in a short period, but you're very welcome to sit in on an interview or two (on speaker phone) if you like."
- "He's going to be sitting in on our meeting, taking notes and whatnot."
- "AND, If you don't give me a discount, I'll tell Bruno you sit in his chair when he's not looking."
- "Bruno : Heh heh, I was thinking that Ursula could sit in on our meeting, since she is an expert."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Sit in on' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !