to stay (here): rester (ici)
I'm going to be staying in France an extra week. Je vais rester en France une semaine de plus.
to stay (at the hotel), to stay (with Susie): séjourner (à l'hôtel), séjourner (chez Susie)
I'm staying at my Aunt's house. Je suis (logé) chez ma tante.
a stay: un séjour
- "I have some roommates staying here right now."
- "Brian, well you just stay there and make stupid comments."
- "I cannot stay in small spaces, I get hungry."
- "Namely, should the company stay in the hands of this pitiful excuse for a human being, Bruno Delavigne-"
- "For the duration of your stay here, you will be dressed in these humble robes."
- "The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain"
- "Just a reminder, folks: Radio Rhubarb will stay with this story until the bodies are discovered, excuse me, I mean until the situation is explained."
- "Wednesday : The bad boy of smoothies allegedly stayed in for a quiet night, with pizza and a DVD."
- "Waiter : If you want to stay, you must sing."
- "I would also like to inform you that someone in your group visited me in private last night and requested to stay at our monastery."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Stay' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !