to assume: supposer
I assume that you looked over the files before coming to today's meeting? Je suppose que vous avez pris connaissance des dossiers avant de venir à la réunion d'aujourd'hui?
to assume (responsibility): assumer, prendre (la responsabilité)
Bruno assumes all financial responsibility for the company. Bruno prend toute la responsabilité financière de l'entreprise.
UK: I assumed all responsibility for losing the contract.
US: I assume that's why you were fired.
- "And the beauty of this song is - in case it wins me any bonus points - you can also use it for New Year too, which I assume I'll also be spending alone."
- "I assume you both want to go?"
- "I assume the government doesn't give the elderly a very generous pension, right?"
- "So I assume you'll be taking more this time."
- "I assume you received my e-mail?"
- "My future plans are to leave the city as soon as possible, assume a new identity and start a new life in a murder-free area."
- "Virtually unbreakable, so should be a worthwhile investment (assuming our workers don't steal them to wear as sunglasses)."
- "So, I'll just assume that you'll follow me as I walk out the door."
- "Am I correct in assuming that you want to retain my services for the resolution of this... incident."
- "I assume you'll want to order 100,000 units?"
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'To assume' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !