to infect: infecter, contaminer
The system is infected with a virus. Le système est infecté par un virus.
- "Since last Wednesday, an extremely dangerous virus has been infecting computers in homes and offices all over the world, and it's spreading quickly."
- "I got a problem. I think my computer's been infected with a virus."
- "The scarf would protect the birds by preventing them from breathing in infected air particles."
- "We managed to identify and destroy the virus before it infected any other machines on the network, which is extremely good news."
- "It then became infected after he refused medical attention, citing his lifelong contempt for modern medicine."
- "It crashed several times in the past few weeks, and I think it may have recently infected the whole network."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'To infect' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !