to turn on (the radio): allumer (la radio)
Turn on s'oppose à turn off :
Turn on the TV please. Allumez la télévision s'il vous plait.
You should turn off the light before leaving. Vous devriez éteindre la lumière avant de partir. (ou switch off)
She turns me on! (slang): Elle m'excite ! (argot)
- "For example, every morning at 10:00 AM sharp, we could all turn on our intercoms and laugh together for 30 seconds."
- "We turn the computer on."
- "I'll take you up, I'll turn you on"
- "Okay, and while the system is booting up, we're going to turn on the monitor."
- "I'm gonna pick you up, turn you on, keep you clean..."
- "Anyway, have you turned on your computer yet?"
- "August 16th : Server at station 12 would not turn on today."
- "Here we are at the conference room. Why don't you go up to the podium and turn on the microphone?"
- "It turns me on. Bruno : Me too."
- "If you see an error message when you turn on the computer, you should click on "cancel" and after about 20 seconds you will be able to log in normally."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Turn on' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !