(Bruno) used to (smoke): (Bruno) avait l'habitude de (fumer)
There used to be a movie theater here. Il y avait un cinéma ici avant.
How did Bob use to look in the seventies? A quoi ressemblait Bob dans les années 70?
I used to (have hair): J'avais des cheveux (avant, je n'en ai plus maintenant)
- "I would like to share with you a traditional French song that my mother used to sing to me to make me sleep."
- "Bruno : Madam, my family used to own this house 40 years ago."
- "Bruno : Ma'am, my family used to own this house 40 years ago."
- "Philip : I used to love that show!"
- "British visitors to the US are used to the strange sensation of seeing bargains all around."
- "I'm used to hearing figures like "30,000" from small clients."
- "Icarus : Well, the pension procedure here in the US is quite different from what you're used to in Europe."
- "I'm good in a crisis, after all I used to work the suicide hotline."
- "He used to work with the British government, and I'm very happy to have him working with us."
- "My grandmother used to take me there when I was little."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Used to-idiom' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !