Traduction & Vocabulaire anglais (Voir tout)
a person: une personne
Note that "persons" is rarely used in everyday English as the plural form of "person", the common rule is now : one person, two people. "Persons" is used in formal and legal contexts :
No more than 8 persons in this lift. Cet ascenseur ne peut transporter que 8 personnes maximum.
- "I'm just a cut-price person in a low-budget land."
- "Anyhow, now that you're a wealthy person, I've been considering your future."
- "Bruno : Ahh, hello there, Mr. Scottish person."
- "I simply say "You are fired" in my sexy (and largely incomprehensible) accent and the person limps out of the office with a big smile on their face."
- "You're not going to conform to my narrow vision of what a Scottish person is, so why don't you tell me what you're good at?"
- "Wearing this suit actually makes me feel like a better person."
- "I would have singled out just one person, but unfortunately science is not an exact science."
- "Many women have tried, and yet none have succeeded in making me into a decent person!"
- "I like to send people a stream - or should I say glacier - of passive-aggressive e-mails until the person becomes numb and confused and eventually falls into a frozen lake."
- "Krazy Gideon, celebrity insane person, will moderate the debate."
Vous avez une 'combine' pour vous souvenir de 'Person' ? Partagez-le avec nous !